From the Baptist Union – Renewed call to persevere in prayer
across Baptist churches in the UK
As Covid-19 threatens to overwhelm our health service and continues
to inflict pain and loss, we stand together with many others
and renew our commitment to sustained prayer.
You may like to join virtually with friends to pray, perhaps in small
groups or as a wider congregation. You might like to spend time in
solitude praying for our nation at this time of crisis.
Here are some pointers to help you and your friends as you
pray. These have been written by a senior A&E nurse in a large
- Pray for all the NHS staff for their own safety, energy and peace
in dealing with each and every patient.
- Pray for those in hospital leadership, for wisdom and for good
decisions to give the best outcomes for patients.
- Pray for patients; for healing, for peace and ultimately to fight
his disease and get home and pray for their relatives who feel
- Pray for the vaccine, that it will and is working against this latest
strain of Covid-19.
- Pray for a reprieve and an end to Covid-19.
You may know people who are currently working in the NHS in
your area, please let them know you are praying for them and ask
them how you can pray specifically.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or
imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be
glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for
ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21